Thursday 16 July 2009

The Merits of Gold Jazz Pumps

I'm sure we've all been in that excruciating situation - the outfit is perfect, the accessories divine, but wait! You've forgotten the shoes...and on searching through your footwear you discover to your horror that NONE of your shoes will do, and you have to change the whole thing and go shoe shopping, fast.

I have recently realised, through a string of these painful experiences, that I am in need of some neutral coloured flats. You know the kind I mean - the reliable shoes that you can sling on with anything when black won't do. A friend instantly told me that "gold or silver would be the best bet" and I wasn't sure at first, but metallics are a good neutral option. So I've been hunting around, and I came across these little beauties:

These ones are, unfortunately, last year's stock at Monsoon - but I love the idea. Jazz shoes are becoming increasingly popular following on from this year's flat pump trend, and what could be better than a soft metallic pair that'll go with almost any outfit?

What's so great about gold jazz pumps?

1. Metallics really do go with anything (except more metallics - please, no gold leather pants with these cuties!), which makes them really versatile and long lasting.

2. The lace-up style makes them much more comfortable and supportive than ballet pumps without being...sturdy.

3. They are simple and subtle, and therefore timeless - they'll last for more than one season, which is a good thing for the college budget!

4. They are eye-catching without being too showy. It's important when wearing dance shoes not to look like you're wearing a costume! Too much glitter or extra detail detracts from the shoe's style. If you're looking for glitter, however, you couldn't go far wrong with these...

5. The really good news...they're available in many shops for very reasonable prices!

I've found decent examples in Primark (for £5!) and Office, with the 'Earth' pump for £15(left) and the 'Tap' pump for £35 (right).

I'm sure that as soon as I have some spare funds I'll be getting a pair - because they're useful, and really cute!

No comments: